Discuss Working as a plumbing lecture in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
As anyone on here worked as a plumbing lecture, have always fancied it maybe parlty due to the holidays. Seen jobs adverts with no experience necessary.

• Love
Reactions: Dan
Sounds like a nightmare, training one apprentice is bad enough, Imagine a class full of teenagers who can barely work up the energy to breathe.

ived heard pay is bad and most still plumb in there spare time, i know a few quite after a few months to go back on the tools

As anyone on here worked as a plumbing lecture, have always fancied it maybe parlty due to the holidays. Seen jobs adverts with no experience necessary.

I’ve lectured in college, a lot want you to have a formal qualification in teaching these days. There is quite a lot in the background, planning stuff etc. And engineering colleges often have either corporate or international students come over during the summer so it’s not like a school teacher necessarily who gets 6 weeks off. A lot of the kids don’t really want to be there and managing behaviour is quite hard. It can be rewarding to pass on your experience.

if you could lecture to adults and not kids who will constantly disrupt things I would like to think I would like to teach . I wouldn’t have the patience with the kids.

if you could lecture to adults and not kids who will constantly disrupt things I would like to think I would like to teach . I wouldn’t have the patience with the kids.

The classroom type guys who wore a shirt were on about £30k, the guys teaching workshop stuff were on a bit less. The guy leading each discipline was on £45-50k. The guys I waited with seemed to do about 3 days a week of work and a couple of days tinkering with personal projects. Comes with a decent pension which most jobs don’t these days.

I only dipped in and out of it to teach specific stuff. I think the craft guys who wanted to be on the tools would have been hard work if you were the one tasked with teaching them something dry.

As John says would be good if you could stick to adults.

I don’t want to burst your bubble but..........
The reality is you must gain a formal teaching qualification (in your own time). The contact (actual teaching)hours may seem short at 6hrs a day.
However, the administration, preparation, marking etc. can be endless.
Usually with no help or support. Teaching ‘full time’ students who have little or no interest in plumbing. Then having to meeting success targets, set my management, to qualify for funding.
All overseen by Awarding Bodies who are also vying for funding.
If this appeals to you go for it.

Reply to Working as a plumbing lecture in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone.Im a newbie here. plumbing & heating+GSR engineer.
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock