Discuss Shower Tap Diverter Valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, DIY rookie and have an issue with malfunctioning diverter valve - water currently flows through both tap and shower head regardless of diverter position. Had a look at the valve today and it appears that the upper thread just above the rubber washer is broken. Unsure of make/model of tap and was wondering if anyone had any helpful suggestions. No obvious damage to washer and have given it a proper clean, reattached etc and same issue. Feel like I probably just new a new valve but keen to explore all options as think it would be hard to source something similar and unkeen to change entire taps as the panelling on bath is a bit of a nightmare. Any help would be great. Cheers.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4976.jpg
    IMG_4976.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4977.jpg
    IMG_4977.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4978.jpg
    IMG_4978.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4979.jpg
    IMG_4979.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4980.jpg
    IMG_4980.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Shower Tap Diverter Valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys, Looking to replace an old shower diverter. Pictures attached. I'm from Australia if that makes any difference. Originally when i got...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back