Discuss Water on PCB during boiler service, who is liable for damages? in the UK Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

V

Victoria

Hi my boiler needed some replacement parts during a service, looked like it had a leak. Repairing the boiler water leaked all over the PCB, now it doesn’t work and drying it added an extra hour to the call and it’s still not fixed. I was told we may need to replace the PCB. What labour and parts am I liable for here? Would anything be covered by the plumber or their insurance? Many thanks!

Depends if the gas safe engineer split water over the pcb while doing the repairs he should be liable for any water damaged parts but if the boiler was leaking and it went over the parts then sorry to say you

Reply to Water on PCB during boiler service, who is liable for damages? in the UK Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock