Discuss Waste for 100 flats? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Is pressure testing MLCP not similar to plastic pipe, in that the test pressure should be reduced compared to hard pipe like copper etc..

Is pressure testing MLCP not similar to plastic pipe, in that the test pressure should be reduced compared to hard pipe like copper etc..

Most plastic pipes want it testing at 10 bar ?

I would be wanting the approved plans/tech drawings with sizes on. I wouldn't be making any decisions.
Sure enough you could work it all out yourself but that makes you 'the responsible person' doesn't it?

As you said, beyond the pay grade! Outside the remit!

Most plastic pipes want it testing at 10 bar ?
Just done my water regs course and it noted that plastic pipe can deform if tested at too high of pressure. 1.5 times max operating pressure is the norm for hard pipe, plastic pipe should be tested at 1.1 times design pressure.

Attachments

• IMG_4185.JPG
    IMG_4185.JPG
    437 KB · Views: 12
Just done my water regs course and it noted that plastic pipe can deform if tested at too high of pressure. 1.5 times max operating pressure is the norm for hard pipe, plastic pipe should be tested at 1.1 times design pressure.

Was reading what hep want they want a test pressure of 18 bar

if any of our slimline fittings are included with the system, then an 18 bar test for minimum of 45 minutes should be carried out.(the old grey ones)

Some conflicting information there then, 18bar sounds pretty excessive though doesn’t it. Just looked up the JG speed fit test method and it states 2bar for 10 mins and 1then bar for 10 mins, maybe it’s this short time period that prevents damage?

It’s weird would stick to 1.5x myself saw on jg website there fittings and pipe are tested to 44 bar (under lab conditions) so can’t be too bad for them

Reply to Waste for 100 flats? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock