Discuss Waste for 100 flats? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. I’m on a job at the moment where the building has 100 flats over 4 floors. The problem is there’s no mechanical supervisor on site or any drawing in regards to the waste pipe work. One of the issues seems to be, there’s only 5 vents going out to atmosphere. today we’ve been told to run a float in the ceiling void on the top floor to pick up 5 flats on the top floor as well as it serving the 15 flats below. This doesn’t seem right at all. Are there any regs that prevent this or is there any guidance that should be followed? Any advice would be great. I reckon they’re are going to Durgo most of it.

Join them together I’m guessing your using 6” and go through the roof eg split them into 5s

Join them together I’m guessing your using 6” and go through the roof eg split them into 5s
The only 6” would be on the 4th floor in the ceiling void but back to 4” through the roof. So 4” from ground level then up to 6” on top floor ceiling void but back to 4in through the roof. Each vent would have to serve 20 flats with 2 soils in each. Just seems messed up to me

Seems backwards supposed to start in 6” then reduce :D

My advise follow there instructions but make sure it’s noted down they said to do it like that and get paid

Seems backwards supposed to start in 6” then reduce :D

My advise follow there instructions but make sure it’s noted down they said to do it like that and get paid
That’s exactly what I’ve said. I’m not clued up on these size jobs. 6” in the ground then 4” for 4 floors then 6” in the ceiling then back to 4” for a vent??? WTF?? Lol absolute Rubbish show. Excuse the pun lol. What job role would be the one that covers this sort of stuff?

Who ever tells you how to do it

Should be mechanical services or m and e designer / engineer

Crazy
What about the builders? Ask if they can get you a copy of the drawings. At least you can said you requested if it all goes wrong

Reply to Waste for 100 flats? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock