Discuss Problem with toilets in 6 year old house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Our new build home is now 6 years old and the toilets are starting to have some issues.

The soft close seats and lids no longer soft close, I've searched everywhere and found many tutorials but can't see one that matches our seat type. I even contacted Ideal Standard many times but they fail to respond. I've attached some images, are these repairable or do I need to buy a new set? Do these have a particular name as I can't find anything the same.

Also, the cistern gets stuck and does not refill. To refill, we have to take the lid off and give the white or red part a nudge, it then drops and refills. I notice that there are little notches but the part that goes in to this is too large to move forwards to the middle notch. Can anyone let me know how to stop this from sticking?

Thanks and apologies if this is all super basic stuff.

Attachments

• 20210308_121917.jpg
    20210308_121917.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210308_122135.jpg
    20210308_122135.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210308_122010.jpg
    20210308_122010.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210308_121903.jpg
    20210308_121903.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 16
Yes need a new seat as there non repairable

sounds like the water fill valve is getting stuck any scale / can you see where it gets stuck might need a bit of sanding etc

Yes need a new seat as there non repairable

sounds like the water fill valve is getting stuck any scale / can you see where it gets stuck might need a bit of sanding etc
Thanks for the reply Shaun, much appreciated.

Being non repairable makes sense as I was pulling those pins (where the seat goes into) expecting them to come out for quite a while lol. Does this seat type have a name so I can find a replacement, or can any fit so long as the pins are the same distance apart?

No scale that I can see, will give it a sand regardless, thanks for the suggestion.

Top mount / fix toilet seat

Reply to Problem with toilets in 6 year old house in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
We built our detached house 23 yrs ago, having a Vaillant Thermocompact boiler with a Megaflo tank, and it's been excellent. The boiler sits in a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I really need some advice on a home plumbing issue please. We have a sound when closing taps and flushing toilets that started a few...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
We live in a 200+ year old house and - over the past couple of days - a noise has started on a regular basis from our water pipes. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back