Currently reading:
Power shower outlet pipework

Discuss Power shower outlet pipework in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I'm about to replace the pump used for my power shower / bath filler. It's a Stuart-Turner Turbo 30T 3.0bar pump, 22mm inlet and outlet. The installation has been done so that the 22mm outlet reduces to 15mm pipework within less than a metre of the pump. I was thinking of changing this, when I replace the pump, to 22mm as far as I can take it - around 5 metres until it disappears from the loft down into the bathroom wall cavity. Reasons for this are that I seem to recall hearing that 22mm should be used until as near to the shower/filler as possible and, currently, there must be around a 12m run of 15mm pipework from the pump to the shower - including the travel down the wall and across the bathroom.

So, the first question is, is it worth changing the pipework in the loft to 22mm? The follow-up question then is if it were to be a sensible thing to do, is it advisable to keep it in copper piping or it is feasible to do it in plastic such as the Speedfit stuff? Just a little concerned about the push fit joints holding up to the output from a power shower, you see 🙂

Reply to Power shower outlet pipework in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock