Discuss Outside waste drain constantly blocking. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

We hope you are well.

We are looking for some drainage advice on a relatively new build property. The drain outside of the property constantly blocks with toilet paper and waste every 5-6 weeks of use.

Following the blockage we unblock by using hot water and essentially poking the blockage free, however I don't relish having to do this every 5-6 weeks - not only that the amount of material within the pipe suggests it blocks instantly it is unblocked with the first use of the toilet.

I have provided a picture of the drain outside along with a diagram of the pipe layouts below, however we have had Dynarod out to review the situation and they noted the OSMA pot needs to be changed, while we haven't ruled this out, we just don't understand how the toilet material doesn't move into the OSMA pot and wandering whether there is a blockage further up the pipe preventing it getting to main drain. At first we had thought it was the toilet roll, so changed to thinner paper and ensure we don't use too much but unfortunately still have the same issue.

Interestingly the sink pipe (which is just a small hand basin sink in the WC) is much larger in width than the toilet pipe, so perhaps this could be the cause of the blockage.

We would like to kindly ask the community on the forum for their advice - I do have a video of the drain in action (following the unblocking) which shows the water flow but can't seem to upload it!.

Thank you!
Drain_Picture.jpg

Is there always water sitting in the bottom ?

The drains might of sunk if there’s always water in there (there shouldn’t be unless you keep running water down the drain)

If it’s sunk it should be warrantable to the builders

Pretty sure if you get a drain company in it will be worth your while getting quotes as you may be able to claim, also look at household insurance this normally covers up to about 500 of claim

Reply to Outside waste drain constantly blocking. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
We had a blocked outside drain .Got the same guy out again to unblock . Sewage is coming through the drain . How do you tell if you have shared...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hey, forum friends! đź‘‹ Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock