Currently reading:
outside tap

Discuss outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aldred1990

hi guys what size drill bit would you recommend for drilling the hole for 15mm copper pipe. thanks

I use a marcrist 28mm core drill no breakout then usually sleeve 15 mm water pipe with a bit of overflow quick seal with brown lma job done

[DLMURL="http://www.toptools-ireland.com/3pc-meter-long-sds-drill-bits-blackspur-hilka.html"]CONSTRUCTION :: DRILLS :: 3PC Meter Long SDS Drill Bits Blackspur / Hilka - Top Tools Ireland Ltd - Ireland's biggest retailer of high quality tools at very low prices[/DLMURL]

If you can gain access to Makro, these drills are £10.89+vat. They are also available in 450mm for £7.49+vat.
They might struggle on solid concrete but for normal household bricks and blocks, they have never let me down.

Last edited by a moderator:
!CCHBe-gBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!lYEz+y84ofTBNKHmI,k+!~~_1.JPG
Keep it tight and use this, for best job ever.

I use a 16mm bit first followed by a 20mm bit and insert 20mm electrical conduit which the 15mm copper glides through:

Copyright_Keefy.jpg Pipe_Sleeve_20mm.jpg

Last edited:
DCV fitted inside ?

Of course - iso' and a drain cock too in cases where the pipe has to come into the tap from below.

Edit: Thought you were asking if that tap of mine had one fitted but if you're wondering why the diagram shows a DCV on the inside that's because the ones built into the taps are susceptible to freezing so you're now required to fit them inside the buildings envelope. Taps that incorporate an in-built check valve should now only be fitted as replacements or suitably protected from the elements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock