Search the forum,

Discuss Does this make sense in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said...
Power Flush require and install new boiler,
====
After the boiler was started, it was making horrible noises
==
I mentioned this and sent an audio recording to the company.
====
Said that is normal boiler noise even though it shakes the pipe work.
==
After many emails, 3 week later I decide to check the Mag Filter, Was the same amount as my normal yearly amount.
===
sent picture to company.
===
They said that is not right so need a power flush again.
--
Great, when can you come.
===
You will have to pay £600 to get it done again. WHAT .
==Quote ,
It wouldn't at my cost as I only do a flush with a new installation for regulations,
If I was there sorely to do a flush to unblock the heating system then I would be at fault as incomplete work.
===
BUT YOU DID THE POWER FLUSH
===
You have to pay as it is not the Companies fault,,,
==
Question Am I missing something?

Tank for the advise

regads,,,

How long did the flush take as on average to do a power flush it takes a day for a stnd system

Sounds like he’s added cleaner and drained down so 2 hours max

How long did the flush take as on average to do a power flush it takes a day for a stnd system

Was about 2 hours. He did the PF from a rad and not the usual pump location and blocked the pump with the gate valve either side of it.
Why is it MY fault.?

Was about 2 hours. He did the PF from a rad and not the usual pump location and blocked the pump with the gate valve either side of it.
Why is it MY fault.?

Hasn’t done a power flush

Didn’t say it was your fault ?

So just to recap. From the quote the power flush was £600. As it made the problem worse and clogged the new boiler I am asked to pay other £600 as the flush didn't not work properly and was not his problem?

No you don’t pay he didn’t do the proper flush in the first place

No you don’t pay he didn’t do the proper flush in the first place
He refuses as as he Says it wouldd mean he did not do the job proper as the installation certificate would not be valid so needs a New payment. Also after the failed PF 2 of the rads were cold. He said that they are now blocked but he can take the 2 rads of the wall and flush then but would cost £135 + vat for each rad. Did chuckle under my breath. Not to be recommended.

He refuses as as he Says it wouldd mean he did not do the job proper as the installation certificate would not be valid so needs a New payment. Also after the failed PF 2 of the rads were cold. He said that they are now blocked but he can take the 2 rads of the wall and flush then but would cost £135 + vat for each rad. Did chuckle under my breath. Not to be recommended.
Thank you for your advise. Guess a court case would help to get this company on the right track

Thank you for your advise. Guess a court case would help to get this company on the right track

Upto you but you would need an independent person to do an audit / report of the issue

Personally i would take the dirt out of the filter and see how the boiler gets on afterwards, maybe put cleaner in the system for a few days, drain down and refill.

The problem with power flushing is that it is never a definitive answer to your problems, i am not a great advocate for them because you are charging a customer for a day of a plumber on site as well as the machine being charged out and you might have the same problem at the end.

If your system is so bad that the boiler is over heating, is making a noise and rattling then i would advise that a power flush is not the way to go and you should actually be looking at installing new pipework.

I do have a compete email trail of all the conversations. Clearly as I am old age pensioner it is well known for the milking opportunity but I did not come down on the up train
I dont know if you would have a lot to go on here. The guy carried out a power flush, unfortunately it never worked. Its like going to a chiropractor with a sore back and then afterwards your back is still sore so you dont pay him for the work he did.

I dont know if you would have a lot to go on here. The guy carried out a power flush, unfortunately it never worked. Its like going to a chiropractor with a sore back and then afterwards your back is still sore so you dont pay him for the work he did.
Never thought of it like that. Thank for redirecting my thoughts...So you think it is quite common. I think power flushing from the last Rad hich he did rather than from the pump was not his best choice...

He didn't power flush your system he just tried to get away with chemically flushing it instead because it takes less time. Important you don't confuse the two if and when you take this further. Sounds like a chancer who's in breach of contract...you have the quote, evidence and email trail so you have plenty.

He didn't power flush your system he just tried to get away with chemically flushing it instead because it takes less time. Important you don't confuse the two if and when you take this further. Sounds like a chancer who's in breach of contract...you have the quote, evidence and email trail so you have plenty.
Interesting, Thanks for the information...

Hi Name is on the Gas register... One other thing, when he installed the boiler and done various test and filled out some form to do with the commission of the boiler which mention gas flow and and temperatures, etc, he said the customer has to sign it as the warranty wont be honoured. However, he did not sign it but send another person round a week later to sign it.
How does the other person know that what is written done is correct, or does it not matter. ?

Hi Name is on the Gas register... One other thing, when he installed the boiler and done various test and filled out some form to do with the commission of the boiler which mention gas flow and and temperatures, etc, he said the customer has to sign it as the warranty wont be honoured. However, he did not sign it but send another person round a week later to sign it.
How does the other person know that what is written done is correct, or does it not matter. ?

Is his name on the gas safe register under his company or the person who signed it ?

Is his name on the gas safe register under his company or the person who
Is his name on the gas safe register under his company or the person who signed it ?

His name is on the register and also the name of the person that signed it off even though he was not present at the time of the test. Does sound a bit iffy

His name is on the register and also the name of the person that signed it off even though he was not present at the time of the test. Does sound a bit iffy

Yes else why get the other person to sign the book afterwards

Bit strange. If you look at his services it should look something like this. The key one being gas boiler

1711977887220.png

Reply to Does this make sense in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock