Discuss AGA Going out after 12 to 36 hours in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion
Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA
went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern
Help, losing what liteel hair I have left

Do you have the Aga properly serviced? Maybe stating the obvious points but my first thought would be the steel pipe feeding the Aga burner gradually narrows with carbon & has to be carefully cleaned, literally drilled out each yearly service. The wicks not as important, but need to be replaced on servicing.
If it ain’t burning properly, perhaps weakly, due to partially blocked flow rate, then windy weather could put the flame out.

Reply to AGA Going out after 12 to 36 hours in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an oil-fired Aga with a BM oil control valve and a Flexitemp thermostatic control (see the image in this thread for an example). When...
Replies
Views
Andrew N Yorkshire
A
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock