Discuss 3/8s toilet fill valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If a toilet has a flush valve with a 3/8s thread. Does this mean the hole on the cistern is smaller? I want to fit a 1/2 threaded one in it.

Thanks so I still never did this job is for a. Friend. If I get the 3/8s one so will fit through the hole in the cistern. I would then need to get back to 1/2 as the supply pipe is really tight and tiled in I need to use a 1/2 bent Flexi. They don't do in 3/8s. So I could use a 3/8s to 1/2 bush to take back up to 1/2? Sealed with locktite 55 cord.

Correct or use what the original used etc

Reply to 3/8s toilet fill valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Hi there, can anybody help? I am trying to buy a replacement toilet flush push button as my current one is broken? However I cannot find the same...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to change the system fill valve, but I’m struggling to dismantle the existing toilet to access underneath the tank, I’ve added some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
Back