Discuss Wood burning stove with air to water heat pump in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible as the air to water system is a pressurized system and the stove needs to be in a vented system.

It’s possible but not efficient also you have 2 design temps to deal with eg the airsource should of been designed at 45-50 max where as the wood burner 60-75

It’s possible but not efficient also you have 2 design temps to deal with eg the airsource should of been designed at 45-50 max where as the wood burner 60-75
Does the stove need to be connected to a buffer tank? I read somewhere that the stove can be connected to a buffer tank and the buffer tank then feeds the same tank that the air to water heat pump feeds into.

No as it’s a pressurised system would have to be a plate hex

Reply to Wood burning stove with air to water heat pump in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
K
We have a dual heating system, a solid fuel stove with back boiler and a external kerosene heater. The kerosene heater is working fine heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back