Discuss wind up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

doesn't it just wind you up when you go to a boiler breakdown (Worcester 240) in this case and the customer has some mickey mouse multi meter, combustion case off, burner out, replaced thermocouple and says the thing don't work, really grates on me, but in reality its ok coz they was some sort of maintainence engineer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar situation, in sparks house. Had no hot water from logic plus for 6weeks only just called up this week, did annual service..... Boiler under warranty but didn't call for some reason........ New hob and fire , 17mb in 2 mins on TT. Bloke didn't know anything. Capping off and along comes his soon to be ex wife.... Oh we had fire condemned due to a gas leak, can he (her hubby) just reconnect meter? NO. Spent ages looking for leak, evidently last time it was capped they thought leak was under floor...... Just reconnected it as he couldn't find anything!

17 mbar in 2 mins is pretty good,
but i can beat that, 1st proper gas job i was working with absolute donkey, he was always talking down to me, kept say how he's been a gas engineer for 16 years and how i was a fast track engineer in the job 5 mins, how i was only qualified for domestic and he was commercial etc. Anyhow this one time we were doing a tightness test and it dropped from 24 to 0 like there was an open end, the donkey goes 'well thats the stabilisation period, top it up again'

by the way this donkey has been chucked of the register twice and allowed back on. The 1st time he thought he would do commercial catering which he's not qualified for made a mess and gas safe got called out. The gas safe inspector asks him a few question which he couldnt answer, the inspector trying to give him every chance asks him if he'd like to go and get his books and donkey says 'no thanks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wind up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back