Discuss Which system would you choose? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

4 bed semi-detached barn conversion over 3 floors. 18 radiators, two bathrooms, one d/s cloaks.

Any pros and cons to the below system boiler set ups? Which would you choose? Want to be able to run two showers simultaneously without an issues.

Option 1
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 624
Gledhill stainless lite unvented 180l
Magnalean atom filter
Nest 3rd generation thermostat & stand
£3900 fitted (inc removal of current boiler and gledhill boilermate)

Option 2
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 630
Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Eco Slimline Indirect 200i Cylinder
Magnalean atom filter
Nest 3rd generation thermostat & stand
£5000 fitted (inc removal of current boiler and gledhill boilermate)

Last edited:
Is water pressure/flow rate good enough for 2 showers. I personally prefer megaflo cylinders. Both similar in price for appliances and cylinder so it’s a case of which engineer you prefer. There is a thousand pound difference without seeing job hard to tell but I would expect somewhere around £4500

Is water pressure/flow rate good enough for 2 showers. I personally prefer megaflo cylinders. Both similar in price for appliances and cylinder so it’s a case of which engineer you prefer. There is a thousand pound difference without seeing job hard to tell but I would expect somewhere around £4500
Its the same engineer. Option 1 was his spec, Option 2 was ours

Water pressure is approximately 7 litres per minute

Also not suitable for an unvented you need a min of 20 lpm ideally for two 35 lpm dynamic

Also 4 bar pressure

Also has anyone carried out a heat loss to see what size boiler you actually need ?

How long to fill a 1l container eg bottle etc

To boost / increase the water yourselves or install an old style system eg tanks in the loft

Have a look at this if you really want an unvented cylinder 8.56 for a litre

Also would do a Heatloss for the property as you maybe oversizing by a lot at 30kw

Reply to Which system would you choose? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back