Currently reading:
which of these 3 combi boilers ?

Discuss which of these 3 combi boilers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dognosh

gworm 25C , vaillant pro 24 or worcester greenstar 25SI ?

Hi all :)
I am in the process of changing my combi, and been given the options above. I do believe, correct me if I am wrong, that the glow worm combi above is the oldest of the 3 ? Apart from scouring the net I know nothing about any of them with regards to ease of service and reliability.
I am not by any means forced to buy any of the above, if you think they are all rubbish.

I have a 3 bed with one bathroom, live alone , so the combi won't be leading a hard life !
I would like to get a thermostat for it(if it doesn't come with one) and have a reliable circuit board and display, unlike my older microwave and my,now gone, 540i BMW(the lcd display it had was terrible).

Thank you kindly in advance for reading this "help me please" post :smilewinkgrin:

thanks, I will also look them up.
I do know both(not the glow worm) are rated A & A , but the vaillant is 19kW and the Worcester is 25kW , under what circumstances would that make a difference ?

Do you judge all your possessions on the lcd display ? the Vaillant and Worcester are better than the glowworm

Worcester Bosch, it has 5 years parts & labour guarantee or more if you go with a registered installer & the company has the best customer service & repair service if the boiler was to go wrong under guarantee!

Worcester Bosch, it has 5 years parts & labour guarantee or more if you go with a registered installer & the company has the best customer service & repair service if the boiler was to go wrong under guarantee!

+1 and i wouldnt want to go lower than a 25kw as the flow rate drops off

28 compact is a very good boiler (same front as the si)

WB and Vaillant you are paying for a badge there just so you know. Other manufacturers use exactly same components i.e ideal vogue has same steel heat exchanger made in same factory and pump as vaillants do besides offering a 10 year warranty... One can talk about cost of spares or plumbers hotline but that has no effect on you, all you need is annual service and you are covered.

Out of the 3 Vaillant. Good boilers good customer service but overpriced.

The Worcesters are not what they used to be and expensive. But the aftercare is the best in the business.

I've only ever fitted 1 glow worm and not worked on any newer ones so can't really comment on them. The older ones though we're a pile of Pap! But it's the same company as Vaillant so aftercare isn't too bad.

I am not a fan of ideal I've tried to get a couple of parts for the logic and they have been out of stock. Not great if you have a customer with no heating or hot water.

I like Baxi myself and can't go wrong with a duotec or platinum. Can't see the point in spending more for the Eco blue when the platinum is cheaper and comes with 10 year warranty. I get next day call out as well but never had to use them yet.

Pot luck whatever you choose, Its how its fitted which is the most important thing, Have a look at Intergas boilers, Fitted 12 of these over a period of 5yrs only one minor problem with one of them.

Good maths, but if you include other brand boilers it works out to about 40 per yr.
Just saying I would prefer Intergas :smug2:

well why dont you fit more?

Vaillant are over priced and take longer to gey parts for plus harder to work on
Worcester junior you can't set the hot water temperature, every time you look at the dam things there goes another seal.
glow worm I just don't like

I have fitted 5 Baxi duo tec 24he's lately, easy to install, good price, commissioning is the easiest of all boilers and 7 year warranty. But if you do need parts everyone stocks them or can get them next day ( unlike the 8 days for a Vaillant gas valve).
Also get yourself a magnaclean pro 2 filter, there the mutts nuts!

well why dont you fit more?

Because he properly doesn't push certain boilers down customers necks, just listens to what they want, not always right decision, but customers choice & money, as installers we can only advise, if as most people they are looking at cost then would Proberly go for lower end of market, Not down to us to push something on to customer just because we like it, or get some sort of kick back from manufacture

gworm 25C , vaillant pro 24 or worcester greenstar 25SI ?

Hi all :)
I am in the process of changing my combi, and been given the options above. I do believe, correct me if I am wrong, that the glow worm combi above is the oldest of the 3 ? Apart from scouring the net I know nothing about any of them with regards to ease of service and reliability.
I am not by any means forced to buy any of the above, if you think they are all rubbish.

I have a 3 bed with one bathroom, live alone , so the combi won't be leading a hard life !
I would like to get a thermostat for it(if it doesn't come with one) and have a reliable circuit board and display, unlike my older microwave and my,now gone, 540i BMW(the lcd display it had was terrible).

Thank you kindly in advance for reading this "help me please" post :smilewinkgrin:

Cant rely on any PCB (circuit Board) they will all go wrong at some time, Your 540 display you could have had repaired (about £90) PCB on a new boiler will cost a lot more than that, Have a look at the Ideal vogue (10 year warranty) if you are using a bath, think about a 30 Kw for better hot water performance

Because he properly doesn't push certain boilers down customers necks, just listens to what they want, not always right decision, but customers choice & money, as installers we can only advise, if as most people they are looking at cost then would Proberly go for lower end of market, Not down to us to push something on to customer just because we like it, or get some sort of kick back from manufacture

Spot on JTS, Cant see why corbs couldnt quite get it.

guess you would fit a basi then if customer said ok

and as heating eng we guide the customer through the pros and cons of each boiler (well you should) and if they pick a bad boiler you tell them why simple

guess you would fit a basi then if customer said ok

and as heating eng we guide the customer through the pros and cons of each boiler (well you should) and if they pick a bad boiler you tell them why simple

If that's all customer can afford and they are happy then why not, customer not always right, but at the end of the day it is there choice, So your saying if you don't like what the customer wants, you walk away from the job ?? it is there house there money there decision NOT yours ! From your remarks you must only do work for more affluent customers, do you think ordinary customers are below you ? or you will only fit what you want to fit,? YOU cant be right every time, unless of course your so arrogant that you believe in everything that YOU say !!

If that's all customer can afford and they are happy then why not, customer not always right, but at the end of the day it is there choice, So your saying if you don't like what the customer wants, you walk away from the job ?? it is there house there money there decision NOT yours ! From your remarks you must only do work for more affluent customers, do you think ordinary customers are below you ? or you will only fit what you want to fit,? YOU cant be right every time, unless of course your so arrogant that you believe in everything that YOU say !!

yes
no
no
no its what is best for there property and there needs
no not arrogant, just realistic

im not going to fit a product that i wouldn't fit in my own house simple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which of these 3 combi boilers ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock