Discuss What is the best pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

This is so weird, sad and pathetic but here goes, last night I dreamt I had bought a new 15mm pipe slice to replace the old that had to be turned about 40 turns to cut (tried bending the spring) and today I went looking for it in my toolbox but it wasn't there it was all a dream but so vivid. :(

I couldn't see another version od this topic.
In order not to buy every pipe slice make out there. .
Does anyone have a preference?
I find even good old rothenburgers fail just a frequent as the cheaper makes. I jave tried wd40 and ot just makes it so it takes 1000 turns before it cuts.

Any advice?

Thanx

The one that cuts the pipe when i need it to.

I've always used kopex but got my eye on the nerrard ratchet pipe cutter that does all the sizes and has a handle on the end. As even as someone who hasn't reached thirty years old yet I can suffer with hand pain after a days worth of pipework nowadays

Have you not seen/tried the ratchet ones?

Monument and service them, only one not working currently - condensation in the van got to it. I have a ratchet one, not auto though so take a little longer but really saves the wrists and fingers if close to the wall or at a angle.

I just use rothenberger as that's what they sell in my merchants. Give a quick squirt of wd40 on a Friday afternoon then they last a bit longer. But they are pants.

Reply to What is the best pipe slice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock