Discuss WB fan test point in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can you get an accurate reading from the fan pressure test point on a greenstar 28I junior with a water gauge or do you have to use a digital one ?

Hi BLOD, two tubes from your gauge to the two conections on the fan should give you a decent indication of the differential pressure. Not sure what thet should be mind, do you know what you're expecting? :)

thanks dg
with boiler on max looking for reading greater than -3.9mb, but if reading is below this then heat ex needs stripping and cleaning.

I've not done one of these before & don't want to have to buy a digital gauge unless I have to.

cheers

The venturi and its pipes are worth checking to make sure they're clean, as are the fan impellars! If they 'flatten' with muck they're not as effective! :)

Doesn't your flue gas analyser have this function? I set mine to draught and I think the fan pressure test on Worcesters is a cracking idea and very useful, I don't know why other manufacturers don't have this test point.

No I've got the kane 250, but might upgrade to one that can do this next year.

I completed a worcester course a fortnight ago and the instructor stated if you come inside these measurements on the fan test point . Then there is no need to take components apart to clean . He said there is no point in touching something that is already sitting perfect and clean that is the purpose of this test.

He also give me a handy credit type style card which you plug into the electric cartridge on the boiler . There is different points on the card which relate to components of the boiler . All you have to do it use your multimeter on the card to establish which components are faulty or not.

Just got a v2 which has negative pressure on it also a great bit of kit.

I completed a worcester course a fortnight ago and the instructor stated if you come inside these measurements on the fan test point . Then there is no need to take components apart to clean . He said there is no point in touching something that is already sitting perfect and clean that is the purpose of this test.

He also give me a handy credit type style card which you plug into the electric cartridge on the boiler . There is different points on the card which relate to components of the boiler . All you have to do it use your multimeter on the card to establish which components are faulty or not.
did he also tell you the red gaskets fail and cook the boiler?????probably not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB fan test point in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
I recently posted a thread about an extractor fan for a downstairs toilet and received lots of help so many thanks to all who helped. In the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock