Discuss Suggestions on removing chrome ring on trap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I'm trying replace a basin waste and I cannot get the chrome ring attaching it to the trap undone. It's not a nut so using a wrench with rag is just slipping. I've tried release spray but still no movement. Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Andy

PXL_20240228_143835594.jpg

Strap wrench the fabrics / rubber type

Strap wrench the fabrics / rubber type
Thanks. I wasn't aware these were a thing. I've got a set of 2 but still struggling to get purchase on the ring and pipe to twist against. I feel like I'm asking a really dumb question but it must loosen by going from right to left in the picture above, right? The nut above it loosens that way so has to be the same....
Wife is happy she's now got something to open stuck jar lids with though šŸ˜

Thanks. I wasn't aware these were a thing. I've got a set of 2 but still struggling to get purchase on the ring and pipe to twist against. I feel like I'm asking a really dumb question but it must loosen by going from right to left in the picture above, right? The nut above it loosens that way so has to be the same....
Wife is happy she's now got something to open stuck jar lids with though šŸ˜

Tighten the nut back onto the sink and try again it has to come off so more force required etc

Tighten the nut back onto the sink and try again it has to come off so more force required etc
I got it off in the end. I couldn't get the straps to not slip but father in law came round with another pipe wrench and a rag and also your advice to use more force! There's a bit of damage to the chrome now but to be honest it's under the sink. I never look there. Thanks for the help.

Reply to Suggestions on removing chrome ring on trap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly...
Replies
Views
Back