Discuss sixth sense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

called to service a 25+ RW balanced flue fire to day forget the mode berry something,anyway as its a oldie and as OLD BF fires have a tendency for there flues to corrode internally,i put a 2,5g smoke bomb in the air intake apart from making the flame picture go a weird blueish green colour the smoke poured from the back of the fire not good,now this test is extreme putting a pellet in the air duct is not the norm however its very effective at finding weaknesses rings our almighty gas safe foe clarification the techie guy i spoke to firstly got very confused by my question,god cant they just give me someone who knows what there talking about????? anyway he suggests putting a mirror by the seals and seeing if they mist up????? maybe in 1960 this was the norm but not anymore,then he said run a fga over it,impossible as mine decided to die on my first service its 02 cell expired nearly 2 years to the day i bought it,so i say smokes piddling into the room he said its room sealed so could be manufacturing tolerances in short he did not know how to guide me anyway i investigated further no making good internally on the flue section and a small hole on the making good on the flue externally after i seal these up i can take it off id and its back in action so my test confirmed there was a issue,gas safe would have been happy to leave it on,and i saved someones life,all in a days work eh?:smug2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The odd full stop and comma would make your posts a lot easier to read matey!

Grammar nazis of the world unite!! :reddevil:

When I worked on a social housing contract when I first started the QC taught me this. Everytime I do it now I get a few strange looks from customers. It's a bloody nightmare moving the pellet around though everytime the wind changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sixth sense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been having trouble with my boiler leaking for months. We thought we'd fixed it last winter as haven't had any trouble throughout the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock