Discuss Recent house purchase - CH/HW Major issues. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just want to say that I’ve just seen this post and read through it.

It was a good read, you gave great details and a concise breakdown.

If you ever need a job, I’d hire you :)

Just want to say that I’ve just seen this post and read through it.

It was a good read, you gave great details and a concise breakdown.

If you ever need a job, I’d hire you :)
Thanks for your reply it made me smile :)

I'm an electronics/industrial control/electrical engineer and I'm in the process of looking at a change of career as it goes! I've been looking at courses for Gas Safe/Boiler repair and domestic electrical.

The industry I've worked in has gradually disappeared and nothing is repaired any more, it was thriving in this area with lots of electronic work but all the major manufacturers closed all the factories.

Now I'm self employed and it's getting more difficult each day. So time to start again and go down another path.

My parent inlaws had an issue with their Worcester 25Si and could not get an engineer out for days, they are elderly and were going to be without heating/hw.

The first engineer misdiagnosed it and I explained what I thought the issue was, the second engineer turned up with the wrong parts as I expected. I spoke to him and said the wireless thermostat receiver is faulty and the hw issue is down to the heat exchanger plate. He actually listened, ordered those parts and it's all working. Both of them said there is a lack of engineers around here and that got me thinking, I might look in to doing some courses and getting qualified if there is work out there and someone would take me on.

Im thinking as I have an electronic, electrical and mechanical background that could help.

Thanks for your reply it made me smile :)

I'm an electronics/industrial control/electrical engineer and I'm in the process of looking at a change of career as it goes! I've been looking at courses for Gas Safe/Boiler repair and domestic electrical.

The industry I've worked in has gradually disappeared and nothing is repaired any more, it was thriving in this area with lots of electronic work but all the major manufacturers closed all the factories.

Now I'm self employed and it's getting more difficult each day. So time to start again and go down another path.

My parent inlaws had an issue with their Worcester 25Si and could not get an engineer out for days, they are elderly and were going to be without heating/hw.

The first engineer misdiagnosed it and I explained what I thought the issue was, the second engineer turned up with the wrong parts as I expected. I spoke to him and said the wireless thermostat receiver is faulty and the hw issue is down to the heat exchanger plate. He actually listened, ordered those parts and it's all working. Both of them said there is a lack of engineers around here and that got me thinking, I might look in to doing some courses and getting qualified if there is work out there and someone would take me on.

Im thinking as I have an electronic, electrical and mechanical background that could help.
From this post, I think you’ve got a good chance to make it, if you put the effort in and are prepared to drop wages while you’re learning.

I’ve got a friend who owns a smallish plumbing company who lives out in Pembrokeshire (saw your profile said South Wales). If you fancy having a chat with him and maybe going out with him/one of of his guys for a trial day or two (to see if you do fancy it), I can ask if he’s willing/got space for an apprentice?

Reply to Recent house purchase - CH/HW Major issues. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock