Discuss Pin leaks under actuator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenH

Hi, we moved into a house with a 3 years old underfloor system. I notice a small leak coming from the pin (sitting in manifold under actuator). I think the leak stops once the actuator is removed and taken off the pin. I suppose I will need a new pin unit but as a similar leak seem to be happening already with more than 1 pin I’m thinking maybe this is not simply a faulty 3-years old pin but possibly the failure is due to some rust particles in the water affecting the pins o-rings? Changing leaky pins alone should be quite easy but not sure if I need get into an expensive system flush to get everything super clean...? How sensitive are those pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pin leaks under actuator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a 4 zone / 7 loop UFH system. 2 zones (4 loops) always get hot when the system is on when the zone thermostats and actuators are...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we had underfloor heating installed about 15 years ago. Some of the actuator valves are now leaking and we need to replace them. I'm trying to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I can't locate the vent/drain valve on this manifold. My manifold resembles the "UFH Manifold RUB-RT1tm4" model on this webpage...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back