Discuss Perrymatic Jestreme MkII intermittent cutout. Any help? Or a manual? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all - sorry to post as a newbie. I'm a homeowner - although with some technical bent ...

We have an ancient (probably 1987) oil boiler Perrymatics Jetstreme Mk2 running on Kerosene. Works beautifully. Have had it serviced until a year or two ago - and not since the pandemic ... This heats (DHW and CH) a very much older house (c. 1487). the machine has served well since we moved here 7 years ago.

Sadly, it's now cutting-out a few times every day. A quick reset using the red button on the front does the trick, but clearly this is not satisfactory - very possibly not very safe - and very likely energy inefficient. (Although it takes an hour or two to notice, so it's saving me something ...).

1) Does anyone have a suggestion on what might be causing this? A 'differential' list would be pretty useful.

2) Any chance there is a manual out there? I can find one for the Mk4, but it's not hugely helpful.

Any help gratefully received. Some photos attached.

Many thanks in advance.

doctordjbrown

Attachments

• IMG_2538.jpg
    IMG_2538.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 17
Strongly recommended you get a competent oil service engineer you should not be resetting it that many times a day.
Most oil service engineers I know are working in a covid secure manner.

Strongly recommended you get a competent oil service engineer you should not be resetting it that many times a day.
Most oil service engineers I know are working in a covid secure manner.
Thank you - yes - we have contacted our previous engineer (who was previously not replying). I suspect he'll be able to come. COVID is not the main problem.

I'm mainly interested in what the problem might be. A new boiler for this property is going to be a serious outlay. And a manual is always useful.

Reply to Perrymatic Jestreme MkII intermittent cutout. Any help? Or a manual? in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Before I succumb to this problem I’m reaching out for some help. There’s very little info on the web and I can’t get hold of a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I have a very old Powermax 155 boiler which is 20 years old. A couple of years ago, I had a problem with the burner switch...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'd be grateful for any thoughts or help on the following. I have next to no plumbing/boiler knowledge (limited knowledge and parts...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock