Currently reading:
outside tap

Discuss outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aldred1990

hi guys what size drill bit would you recommend for drilling the hole for 15mm copper pipe. thanks

cheaper to pipe downwards and open the tap to drain it:)

I agree but if a customer wants it fairly high up and your coming from under the kitchen sink unit you have to compromise and add an extra few quid on the bill. Been asked a couple of times if I could keep it high to avoid kids' heads bashing into them.

I have always sleeved as best practice, particularly down to the corrosive effects of the brick mortar in copper piping.

I used to use a piece of 22mm copper as a sleeve but decided that if the cement/mortar is particularly corrosive then all you're doing by using a copper sleeve is postponing the innevitable leak that could arise. Plus electrical conduit is dirt cheap and looks neater.

I used to use a piece of 22mm copper as a sleeve but decided that if the cement/mortar is particularly corrosive then all you're doing by using a copper sleeve is postponing the innevitable leak that could arise. Plus electrical conduit is dirt cheap and looks neater.

Ditto that.

How come whenever outside tap threads pop up on this forum it causes countless responses over how to do it from experienced plumbers

First year apprentice stuff imho

Ok then, Let's change the direction.......

How long should it take?

I've gave up saying how long things should take. With plumbing its never the same story from one job to another.

I changed a rad to a towel warmer.
Had to rip up laminate flooring in the bedroom next door so I could alter pipework.
It takes as long as it takes!!

Ok then, Let's change the direction.......

How long should it take?

How long's a piece of string? If you want to fit one of those cheap and nasty efforts from Block & Quayle then 3 minutes and 6 seconds, if you want to do it the right way then anything from an hour to 5 hours. Not kidding - one customer wanted one fitted because she was having a garden party that afternoon, I was still there for the party. Bar steward of a job to do it was but got more work from the drunk guests. :)

How come whenever outside tap threads pop up on this forum it causes countless responses over how to do it from experienced plumbers

First year apprentice stuff imho

True, but how often have you gone to a job to put some other numptys work right, that should have known better or witnesses bad practice from the very same ? It's a basic instal that should set a professional precedent.

about 2 feet 6" :smilewinkgrin:

Please let's not !!!

I've gave up saying how long things should take. With plumbing its never the same story from one job to another.

I changed a rad to a towel warmer.
Had to rip up laminate flooring in the bedroom next door so I could alter pipework.
It takes as long as it takes!!

How long's a piece of string? If you want to fit one of those cheap and nasty efforts from Block & Quayle then 3 minutes and 6 seconds, if you want to do it the right way then anything from an hour to 5 hours. Not kidding - one customer wanted one fitted because she was having a garden party that afternoon, I was still there for the party. Bar steward of a job to do it was but got more work from the drunk guests. :)

I was joking! Chris gets a point.

Kyle and Keefy go to the back of the queue!

Haha yes it can be seen as only an outside tap, but i agree, it should set the standards and satisfy the precedents of a professional install.

on a new installation, it should follow: ISO, DCV, through suitable sleeving and into tap, and yes if piping up to tap a DOC should be fitted, not only does it look professional, its common courtesy for the next plumber, who may be called round to change said tap, as it makes it easier for him (or may be you if you get repeat custom) to do a neat job without spilling a drop of water!

Haha yes it can be seen as only an outside tap, but i agree, it should set the standards and satisfy the precedents of a professional install.

on a new installation, it should follow: ISO, DCV, through suitable sleeving and into tap, and yes if piping up to tap a DOC should be fitted, not only does it look professional, its common courtesy for the next plumber, who may be called round to change said tap, as it makes it easier for him (or may be you if you get repeat custom) to do a neat job without spilling a drop of water!
Not forgetting consideration of the equipotential zone for bonding or insulated break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to outside tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock