Discuss Open vent boiler on a sealed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello all,

I’m doing a flush today and I’ve noticed they have a Vitodens 100-W WB1B open vented boiler on a sealed system.

Will this cause any issues in terms of normal operation?

Nope fine

It will be fine. Assuming the system has an expansion vessel and PRV fitted. The only requirement for a heat only boiler on a sealed system is an overheat stat.

It will be fine. Assuming the system has an expansion vessel and PRV fitted. The only requirement for a heat only boiler on a sealed system is an overheat stat.

Has a flow switch so no / low flow no fire

Reply to Open vent boiler on a sealed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock