Currently reading:
OLCI Newcastle

Discuss OLCI Newcastle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil

Has anyone been on the OLCI course in Newcastle? If so can you give me some info such as the price, what the staff are like etc? Also is their anyone who has been on any of the OLCI courses who has successfully went into self employment? Reading through the forums im quite surprised how negative people are towards these sort of courses! It would be good to hear from someone who has had good experiences with the courses. Cheers,

Neil.

Hi mate, i did my 6129 with OLCI in manchester. i didnt do the 8 week thing it took me a little longer due to work and other commitments, after doing this course i got a job with a local plumber and then went self employed when i had more confidence and knowledge.

i am now looking to do my gas stuff and my level 3 or nvq but i will be doing those at a proper college due to the main fact that costs are alot lower, i could have done my 6129 for less than 2k at my college, instead i paid about 4k. in my oppinion no you really dont learn everything you need. if you can, do it at a college. But if not then olci would be my 2nd choice. the best way is pure hands on but if you get an apprenticeship your very very lucky IMO.

i have just signed up fortheolci course in livingstone at a cost of 4950 pounds. if that sany help.

like the ways that guy gave there reallyisno other way in to the qauls. belive me iv been plumbing now for13 years with out them and when i get a lul i try and have a look to findoutabout course and no one in any indusrty will touch you at leats by doing this it might show employers you are willing tospendin yourown progression andthen they might be more willing to lend incentives and employmernt in cases of helping to further your carrer. but i think youneed the6038 alsothats level three.
to sit that with olci is an aditionall 1126 pounds.
to get ready for your corgi an acs gas cert is 1500 its not a corgi thought you will need to get a corgi company to take you on to then go for a corgi. after you have donea 6129 and an acs

Hi Neil. I’ve been doing the flexible plumbing course in Newcastle. Just coming to the end of it now and can’t say I’ve really had any problems. I couldn’t realistically afford to give up my job go to a full-time college, and I wasn’t getting very far trying to get someone to take me on due to lack of experience, so it suits me pretty well. The centre’s quite new as well and seems to have everything you need, and the tutors are a good bunch of guys. I think you could do a lot worse, and I’m optimistic about my chances once I finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OLCI Newcastle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock