Discuss Nest with oil combi compatible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I wired up a nest with an oil combi and whilst the heating side works fine is the hot water side compatible?

It seems to me that it doesnt work with an oil combi so I just turned it off.

Am i right or wrong.

It’s only on or off so should be

I wired it up as you would imagine common from boiler to nest number 5 then back to boiler on 6 but didnt work.

Did you try linking the nest out ?

Photo of nest to combi wiring mate.

63B9929D-C5F4-46FD-887D-D54D11442FF3.jpeg

Did you try linking the nest out ?

Yes in the end I left it with no programmer on the hotwater and left it on constantly as the customer said they were happy with that. Now they would like it so they can turn it off.

It's been a couple of months since I was there and I cant remember what the problem was but I wired to 5/6 set it to combi and it didnt work (obviously only set up for gas combi so not needed) so i then set it as a system boiler and for some reason wouldnt work again. I will go back and try it again.

Yes in the end I left it with no programmer on the hotwater and left it on constantly as the customer said they were happy with that. Now they would like it so they can turn it off.

It's been a couple of months since I was there and I cant remember what the problem was but I wired to 5/6 set it to combi and it didnt work (obviously only set up for gas combi so not needed) so i then set it as a system boiler and for some reason wouldnt work again. I will go back and try it again.

That’s why needs to be set for sys or heat only etc

That side is disabled when you choose Combi

Unfortunately doesn't give control other than on or off. Designed for gas combis.

Did a lot of hair pulling, well if i had any to start with, the first time I came across it on an oil combi.

Hello everybody.

Just spoken to nest regarding this problem that I had as I have just had the exact same problem on a system boiler.

What it is is the bacteria prevention is on causing the boiler to fire constantly for hot water.

To turn it off go

settings- equipment- bacteria prevention- disable.

Reply to Nest with oil combi compatible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock