Discuss Negative energy bills in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

what did Trainline do or not do ?
I paid for a journey that spanned several trains and generated several tickets. The first ticket was amendable/ partially refundable, the second wasn't and the third was. I wanted to change the date of travel.

Initially, the system was allowing a partial refund had I wanted to cancel the whole trip that came to about what I'd expect as a total for the first and third legs of the journey which suggests the tickets sold to me as amendable/refundable were indeed supposed to be amendable/refundable.

But since what I wanted to do was simply change the date of travel, when I tried to do this, the system let me change the third leg but not the first. Trenitalia and the Trainline claim that this was because the second journey was somehow associated with the first journey in spite of the fact that they were entirely separate trains, so the non-amendable nature of the second ticket somehow magically transferred into the first (but not into the third which I succeeded in amending). I think this was nowhere clear in the purchase process.

I just booked the new journey (not via the Trainline!) and paid a second time.

The latest excuse is that they couldn't ("unfortunately") refund anything anyway because they wouldn't know how much the separate parts of the journey cost (in spite of the individual tickets being clearly individually priced with the price written on the ticket). When I ignored this and asked where, in the process leading up to them taking my money (i.e. a contract being made), or in the Ts and Cs, does it make it clear that the first ticket was not refundable because it was somehow associated with the second ticket, I received no answer.

To be fair, if it's written in the Ts and Cs and I've simply missed it, then I'm quite happy to accept I'm wrong! So I will be reading them again very carefully...

Reply to Negative energy bills in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock