Discuss Negative energy bills in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

If the Regulator doesn't say they have to estimate using degree days, they won't.

Around this time last year my energy supplier went bust and I ended up as an EON.next customer, with a credit balance of ca £50,000.00 (yep, £50k in my favour.) The problem was obvious: Previous supplier had passed on a closing read value that was exactly 10 times the value shown on the meter.

It took EON six months of pestering to correct what was to me an obvious mistake. The email correspondence, serves only to demonstrate to me that until you submit a formal complaint you are going to be dealing with an innumerate working from a script that says "You are wrong, EON is right. (Repeat until customer loses will to live.)"
We live in the computer says no age. We also live in an age where people do zero for you but are trained to repeatedly say "I can only apologiiiiiiize" and then continue to do nothing. The frustration is unbelievable and as you pointed out, I think the general idea is that you give up and leave it.

Around this time last year my energy supplier went bust and I ended up as an EON.next customer, with a credit balance of ca £50,000.00 (yep, £50k in my favour.)
Must have been tempting to ask for it to be transferred ‘back’ to your account - and then switch companies!!!!!!

We live in the computer says no age. We also live in an age where people do zero for you but are trained to repeatedly say "I can only apologiiiiiiize" and then continue to do nothing. The frustration is unbelievable and as you pointed out, I think the general idea is that you give up and leave it.
Which is why I'm probably going to end up having to take The Trainline to the small claims court. Same thing. They apologise and then bring up irrelevant (and erroneous) details rather than answer the question as to where the policy they claim exists is stated in their Ts and Cs.

Which is why I'm probably going to end up having to take The Trainline to the small claims court. Same thing. They apologise and then bring up irrelevant (and erroneous) details rather than answer the question as to where the policy they claim exists is stated in their Ts and Cs.
Frustrating isn't it?
It is in every aspect of life.

what did Trainline do or not do ?

what did Trainline do or not do ?
I paid for a journey that spanned several trains and generated several tickets. The first ticket was amendable/ partially refundable, the second wasn't and the third was. I wanted to change the date of travel.

Initially, the system was allowing a partial refund had I wanted to cancel the whole trip that came to about what I'd expect as a total for the first and third legs of the journey which suggests the tickets sold to me as amendable/refundable were indeed supposed to be amendable/refundable.

But since what I wanted to do was simply change the date of travel, when I tried to do this, the system let me change the third leg but not the first. Trenitalia and the Trainline claim that this was because the second journey was somehow associated with the first journey in spite of the fact that they were entirely separate trains, so the non-amendable nature of the second ticket somehow magically transferred into the first (but not into the third which I succeeded in amending). I think this was nowhere clear in the purchase process.

I just booked the new journey (not via the Trainline!) and paid a second time.

The latest excuse is that they couldn't ("unfortunately") refund anything anyway because they wouldn't know how much the separate parts of the journey cost (in spite of the individual tickets being clearly individually priced with the price written on the ticket). When I ignored this and asked where, in the process leading up to them taking my money (i.e. a contract being made), or in the Ts and Cs, does it make it clear that the first ticket was not refundable because it was somehow associated with the second ticket, I received no answer.

To be fair, if it's written in the Ts and Cs and I've simply missed it, then I'm quite happy to accept I'm wrong! So I will be reading them again very carefully...

Reply to Negative energy bills in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back