Discuss Megaflow low pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I have a megaflow system that is 7 years old I'm getting low water pressure to 1of the upstairs toilet taps every other tap is fine, this occurred after I represurised the air gap something I have done on numerous occasions.
Any advice would be appreciated as I have has a plumber/ heating engineer to have a look and they have never came across this

Tap filter blocked / airator clogged

I assume it's the hot tap that is affected? If you have ruled out @ShaunCorbs's suggestions your air-gap regeneration process has probably introduced an an air lock. (If you can trace the pipe work you'll probably find a horizontal section that is bowed upwards creating an 'inverted-U'.)

Airlocks are not likely in a high pressure system.
You say you just re-generated the air gap.
If this had been left with no air gap for a while then the system had nowhere to expand whilst heating - this can cause components within taps/valves etc to be damaged by excess pressure. I have recently attended where a ceramic disc tap cartridge had the top forced off by this.
However despite this - my own cylinder needs the bubble regenerating and has done for a few weeks…

Airlocks are not likely in a high pressure system.
You say you just re-generated the air gap.
If this had been left with no air gap for a while then the system had nowhere to expand whilst heating - this can cause components within taps/valves etc to be damaged by excess pressure. I have recently attended where a ceramic disc tap cartridge had the top forced off by this.
However despite this - my own cylinder needs the bubble regenerating and has done for

Reply to Megaflow low pressure in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock