Discuss Leaking solder connection in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have discovered a very old end feed 22mm t connector under the bath is very gently weeping water. It’s in a place and with pipework that are going to make it a pig to get at and replace as it is nested between other pipes. If I drain the system would it work to heat it up and end feed some more solder into the joint or any other suggestions that could fix it please? The leak is at a level where the pipe is slightly moist and mild dampness on the floorboards underneath. I suspect if I put something over the floorboards to catch it the water would evaporate before it went anywhere but don’t feel comfortable leaving it like that. Thanks

No you would have you remove the tee you might find one end not soldered

It’s definitely soldered as it would not hold the 2 bar water pressure if it wasn’t and its been that way for 40 years would be my guess. I think it’s just that the solder is not complete and there’s a crack in the solder that water is seeping through under pressure.

Reply to Leaking solder connection in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock