Discuss Leaking Overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dobber1

My header tank overflow pipe has started to leak when the heating goes off. Is it the ball valve or could it be trapped air ? or are there any other reasons for this Any free advice welcomed…

when you say started to leak where does it leak from ???? Also check the level in the header or f&e when leak occurs and see if it exceeds the level of the overflow pipe....

check the water level in your tank, you made need to adjust the float valve, if its dripping/not shutting off then you may need to repair/replace the valve.

could be the pump also.

i may be free but i am not cheap!.

Last edited by a moderator:
when the heating goes off though? would that be because it's then at it's hottest, has expanded most, pumped over most or whathaveyou? cos if it's a while after heating has gone off - i.e. cold you'd think it was ball-valve but that would generally leak all the time?

it could be a number of things. Best to check the basics like float valve/water level first. If it tends to overflow when at max temp it could easily be the float needs adjusting to lower level in tank to give the tank more expansion volume. some times you find its a combination of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking Overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock