Discuss Kitchen tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water doesn’t get as hot as it did with my old tap.
Anyone help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Cylinder or combi boiler ?

Valve shut , flex twisted should be the same pressure as the cold then so could be installation error or faulty fitting best call the installer back

I had a plumber fit a new mono block kitchen tap. The water runs very slowly now. Also, not sure if this is to do with it, but my hot water doesn’t get as hot as it did with my old tap.
Anyone help?
Any chance of a picture of the pipework under the sink top to see if the flexi hoses are twisted, or a valve not fully open?

I’d say it sounds like a restriction in the tap spout. If you’re on a combi boiler, and the water is not getting as hot as it used to, then basically you don’t have adequate water flow rate to activate the boiler for full power water heating

Reply to Kitchen tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Plumber had fitted a new mono kitchen tap. The hot water takes ages to get hot if at all. The on lever hadn’t much turn on it and it’s at full...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a leak on my kitchen tap it is coming out off the bottom of the cold lever. How do I get the lever off? Also would this tap have a...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Back