Discuss I've settled on an Intergas boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The latter. It's a 23 year old 10mm microbore system with the ground floor fed from drops in the first floor void and the manifold is under 8 x 4 sheets of tongue and groove chip which is under tidy carpet etc, I dread the thought of a leak caused by me pressurising the system when I could have left it as it was. However - everyone tells me not to worry.
It is a risk that I tell all my customers when upgrading systems. However I have only had it twice where the increased pressure caused any issues. One was corroded copper and the other was burst radiators so your risk is minimum.

Maybe stop and listen to what pros are telling you -

All received.

The trouble is the pros have told me all sorts.
1. Fit the one with longest warranty
2. The warranty will be worthless coz they'll wriggle out of it.
3. Fit an Ideal.
4. Fit an Intergas.
5. Fit a Worcester or a Vaillant.
6. A replacement Heat Only open vent will be the easiest and cheapest option, so do that.
7. A sealed systyem is the way to go.

I admit the majority say sealed rather than open.

I don’t know why you’re dead set on Intergas where they’ve had issue with warranty parts ie obtaining them.

Start again:
What do you want to achieve for your money?
You have to understand we can only lead you so far. You have to make the final decision yourself. How many quotes have you actually had??

I had one local company quote a year or so ago - they offered a number of options but favoured Worcester at the time. They told me to consider an unvented cylinder and system boiler and spoke about other upgrades to the programmer etc.

No other quotes because, as mentioned elsewhere, I have a long standing mate who has fitted Glowworm, Baxi and Ideal - and who doesn't rate WB or Vaillant and has only recently become interested in Intergas.

I honestly am spending time looking at options - the existing Ideal Classic FanFare 250 is OK but I realise it could fail (expensively) and I think I ought to be ready (in case it does fail overnight :))

If it's considered that I'm taking the time of forum contributors unnecessarily then I need to be told - but till then I'm learning and hoping to do the right thing.

We are happy to help but it does seem that whatever we say to you, you keep coming back to Intergas. I know there are some guys on here that rate them but in my eyes they are a bit of a gimmick and a bit of an unknown quantity in terms of longevity. I’d be far more inclined to go with a Vaillant or a Glowworm as on the rare occasions I’ve had to use them the aftersales service has been second to none. Further down the line you will also not struggle to get parts. The amount of ball ache you have had just trying to sort that stand off and flueing issue would have been sorted in two minutes flat with one of the above named. Just my opinion but perhaps don’t use your mate. He has his opinion it doesn’t have to be yours

Reply to I've settled on an Intergas boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock