Discuss Is this the stopcock? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just in the process of buying a 1995 house. Doing a 2nd look around the property to see what needs upgrading, thought I determin where the stopcock for incoming water was. I can only assume that what I managed to picture is the stopcock, it a bit difficult to obtain something better as the owners daughter (she had no clue) was there. Never seen anything like this before, there is a plastic covering on the outside as well. Would be interested to know if anyone can explain or at least point me to some relevant info, please.
Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 8.21.07 am.png

Yes the meter is on the other side of that wall

The black lever is the stop tap

Reply to Is this the stopcock? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
HI, Closing the internal house Stopcock located under the sink eventually stops water flowing from the kitchen tap or washing machine hose when...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, We've got a loud vibration noise that seems to be coming from the area around our stopcock/water meter/pressure reducing valve. Two...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock