Discuss I want to convert my sons Mains fed Shower to a Pump fed Shower. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a similar problem in a cottage I fitted a salamander home boost pump it gives 11 litres of cold water a minute and 1.2 bar and only cuts in when needed it's another option and £350 - £400 . Kop

I'd look at upgrading the water main to 25mm, and upgrading the pipework internally to 22mm if possible.

Mira actually make a pumped electric shower, which I never knew about until I came across one.

Hi Thanks for your input, as I have stated before (see Page1 of this saga) the cottage water inlet pipe is only 1/2 inch.and the Boiler is a Combi and cannot supply water to this remote Bathroom which has a Powerstream Water Heater to supply HW to the Basin and the Shower

You would need two 25g tanks as 50 g is the minimum (or one 50g)

Then you would need dedicate supplies from the hot water cylinder and twin tanks / one to the pump then on to your bar mixer

You will be paying around 8-900 just for the materials alone

As you can’t run an electric shower off a shower pump
Just to remind you,The HW in this Bathroom is provided by a Powerstream Heater, as the House Boiler is a Combi. (which can only cope with it's local demand) so a remote HW Cylinder cannot be used. That is why a Powerstream Water heater was fitted in this remote Bathroom) I sized the Head Tank on the following basis. 5 min shower at 10l/min ie 50l. A 25G (110L Tank) would therefore be 1/2 Empty after a Shower and allowing 10min before the next Shower and Min flow of 5l/min going into the Head Tank,then the Tank would be replenished.
A 25G Tank would only weigh 250lb which Attic Joist would support. The Accumulator would have been OK but for it.s weight.
Thanks for all your input.
I had a similar problem in a cottage I fitted a salamander home boost pump it gives 11 litres of cold water a minute and 1.2 bar and only cuts in when needed it's another option and £350 - £400 . Kop
Thanks,that is similar to my solution, see my reply to Shaun

Reply to I want to convert my sons Mains fed Shower to a Pump fed Shower. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back