Discuss Honeywell Evohome hot water control for new boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking for a quick bit of advice since I'm trying to wrap my head around what work I need done.

Right now I have an old conventional boiler that heats my hot water tank. The water tank has manual open/shut valve so that I can only heat the water tank and not the heating. I'm replacing this boiler and I'll be getting Evohome installed with smart TRVs. My understanding is that if I just get the base Evohome unit and TRVs I'll be able to control the heat zones but never the water independently. If I wanted to just heat water and not turn on the heat with this setup I will need to manually adjust the valve to disable heating every time.

Am I correct in saying to control water independently of heat using Evohome I will need two things:
  • Evohome hot water kit
  • A motorised valve instead of the manual valve so that evohome can control this using the kit above

Is that all I need to be able to "boost" the hot water without turning rads on?

Reply to Honeywell Evohome hot water control for new boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the...
Replies
Views
We have a Megaflo CL210 Cyclinder along with Evohome hot water kit and have come across a problem. We have had solar installed and a Myenergi Eddi...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock