Discuss Help!!! Leaky stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sam-g

Trying to replace a leaking bathroom tap and come to turn the stopcock off downstairs and its started with a substantial drip. It needs replacing anyway as it's missing the handle, also it's passing so doesn't fully shut off. Problem is it's an old lead pipe one where the pipe has a bulb either side of the stopcock. Are they easy enough to get hold of/replace. Will try and upload a pic. Ta

I had a problem like this a good while back.
You will probably have a hard time getting any new parts for such an old stop tap. My advice would be to repack the gland if that's where the leak is coming from and fit a new stop tap a little further up the pipework.

This is what I'm dealing with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
Thanks mate, I was worried that might be the issue. Will prob end up stripping it down and trying re gland it then.

Try turn it of from the road strip it down rewasher and repack gland

if you are a diyer leave well alone (due to it being lead) get a plumber in to service the stop tap and replace the missing head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help!!! Leaky stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock