Discuss Glow worm Essential 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello

Went today to commission the above boiler, which we installed a few weeks ago.

Turn it on and the radiator symbol flashes as if it's calling for heat. Even with no demand. Hot water will not kick in. When you run hot tap the hot water symbol on the boiler does not even flash.

There is gas to the appliance. The fan and the pump run but does not even attempt to light. On the status codes it's on S.34. Which in the book says 'frost protection active'. Even putting boiler on P01 max code still can't force it to light...

Checked all the wiring all seems good. Am really stumped. Will ring glow worm Monday. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts? Possible pcb fault from the factory?

Cheers

what wiring do you have, just a room stat? does the boiler spark?

Just a climapro mate. So supply in for boiler. Then the connection for climapro thats it.

No doesnt even try and spark...

Cheers

I would say glowworm will have to be called out to repair it then, have you disconnected the climapro and left the link in...does it fire then? have you checked all the connections on the pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Essential 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Hi all We have a Glow Worm combi Ultracom 38cxi boiler fitted in our house, which has been running really well for the past 10 years. Recently we...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, This is the first flat I have lived in so please forgive any stupidity. I am currently renting a flat with a Glow-worm compact combi boiler...
Replies
Views
I am looking for some basic advice please My house is on two floors, approx 240m2 and a spacious loft with good headroom and access. Glow Worm...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock