Discuss Gas Pipe buried in floor kitchen. Best practice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad_stoke

Gas Engineer
Anyone recommend best practice to lay a gas pipe (15mm) in middle of a kitchen for cooker before the floor is layed with screed.
Customer is having a cooker in middle of kitchen and requires a cooker point. Thanks in advance.

Lay it clip it wrap it up to protect it and make sure there is a minimum covering of 25mm.

Plastic coated copper with no joints in the screed is best. I comes in reels. Or trac pipe.

Protect it with what? And also will elbows and complaints be ok with the screed layed in future as its a long run more than 3m so will need a coupling.. Will that be ok?

Last edited:
You can use denso tape all the pipework in the screed . All joints must be soldered not compression.

I know this sounds silly but if you use denso tape. . How are u supposed to clip the pipes before screed is layed.

mines wrapped in denso, covered with sand then screeded over 25mm.
no clips as not necessary

Yeah I will do tightness test etc before I use the denso tape. So clipping the pipe is not necessary? I always been told u have to make sure pipes are adequately clipped etc. Anyone else done this on prev jobs? Thanks for all your replied guys.

just buy a roll of 15mm cu tube coated i plastic, no joints no worries as you just got 2 ends, hate denso, and you know thee wont be leaks unless you damage the pipe

i may think of steel capping bedded into screed if i were to do mine again!!

dont need clips as thats just 'securing' cased in screed does that!

just buy a roll of 15mm cu tube coated i plastic, no joints no worries as you just got 2 ends, hate denso, and you know thee wont be leaks unless you damage the pipe

Oooo didnt know you could get 15mm copper pipe roll with plastic coating
..... Or is that the track pipe you are refering to?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Pipe buried in floor kitchen. Best practice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back