Discuss Difference between mastic and sealant in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Total plumbing-tiling novice.

Our bathroom has been tiled. What should we use where the walls meet and where the tiles meet the ceiling - mastic, sealant or caulk? I'm confused about the difference and have had varying advice.

Once it's sealed, can I cover the edges (ceiling, floor, wall to wall) with edging, or is that not a 'done' thing?

Thanks

Silicon in the corners and around the tray / bath and to the ceiling nothing as it should be upto it

Reply to Difference between mastic and sealant in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hello, Our bathroom was installed 9 months ago by what we know were tradespeople who did not have the skill or experience to do so. Several...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back