Discuss Cutting Pipe in tight spot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Hi All, What does everyone use for cutting copper pipe in really hard to reach areas. The kind of areas you cant get your pipe slices round the back of. I've just bought a Fein multitool which is doing well, although the blades run out fairly quick.

Multi tool same as yourself, but cleaning up the burs on the pipe is just as much of a pain when it is in a awkward spot.

Multisaw everytime.

Back in the day it was half a hack saw blade with a load of insulation tape round one end as a handle!! And a lot of cursing.

I try to find a way around it. The trouble with cutting pipe right in the corner or something is it's an equally difficult exercise trying to join the new pipe to it.

Junior hacksaw is my preferred choice when there's no other way.

I was looking at a Erwin junior hacksaw that the blade can be slid out the front a few inch it looked like it might be handy for such things

A sawn off junior
i have the all new singing and dancing eclipse juniour manually powered multi hacksaw tool LOL,blades are cheap,saw cost about £3 after i lost my old blue one

Before the multi saw, I used a Dremel. You can buy mini angle grinding blades. Got a lot of stick from the others I work with until it came in handy on a fairly regular basis, and they asked to borrow it.

Also great for cutting waste pipes back that are in a wall, so you can solvent weld a joint in the wall. You put the dremel in the pipe and cut round from the inside. Still use it for that purpose if I need to get a waste pipe cut back tight.

Good tp that Danny about inside the pipe cant wait to try it well I can really must remember to clean gunk out first lol regards turnpin:bulb2:

i have the all new singing and dancing eclipse juniour manually powered multi hacksaw tool LOL,blades are cheap,saw cost about £3 after i lost my old blue one

make it into a sawn off :smile:
sawnoff.jpg

Hacksaw for me too. As has been said the deburring is another battle. Even worse if its a tight spot and your using power flow flux. Struggle to get fitting on even before the flux starts to bite.

Multi tool, then mini milwaukee recip with the new torch blades (amazing for pipe)

if not them its back to the junior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cutting Pipe in tight spot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock