Discuss Connecting a new toilet into an existing soil stack in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alan Greenhalgh

Hi. I want to connect a new toilet waste into an existing 110mm soil pipe. The soil pipe runs from the second floor bathroom, down through the room where I need a new toilet and then down through the ground floor where there is another toilet attached. The soil pipe will not move up or down so is there a way to cut into the pipe and add a suitable branch for the new toilet? Thanks.

Cut the pipe where you want to put the branch, then cut it again say 1m above - remove this 1m section.
Fit your branch and reduce the 1m length by the appropriate amount. Lube up the pipe, fit a slip coupling to the existing stack (approx 1m above branch) , insert the “1m”section into the top of the branch - line it up and then pull the slip coupling back down so it is half/half on each pipe.

All cuts need to be nicely chamfered and burr free.

Mark the pipe so you know where half/half is.

Fit a pipe clip directly below the slip coupling to stop it moving (or run gaffer tape around if you can’t get a clip on it)

Reply to Connecting a new toilet into an existing soil stack in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock