Discuss Can't get stopcock 100% closed to allow a tap repair in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

UK
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow from the tap. Will the cartridge still be able to be changed under those circumstances?

Reply to Can't get stopcock 100% closed to allow a tap repair in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I recently changed the washers on my kitchen mixer tap due to it dripping, I reseated it using a tool but it's still dripping. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there! our Heritage bath taps (see attached image) have a leak from the shower lever when diverted to the shower head. Unfortunately this...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
My kitchen mixer tap (Franke Zurich) has developed a drip. Presumably the cartridge (hot) has started to wear out. It is one that I replaced about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock