Discuss broken screw in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

my toilet pan sits on tiles , while trying to move my pan one of the screws snapped , i now have a very tiny piece of screw above floor level and the rest of the screw is stuck in the tile/floor , any advice on removing it ? , iv'e tried pliers but no joy . thanks .

my toilet pan sits on tiles , while trying to move my pan one of the screws snapped , i now have a very tiny piece of screw above floor level and the rest of the screw is stuck in the tile/floor , any advice on removing it ? , iv'e tried pliers but no joy . thanks .
One way if you can get a combi on it tighten up the chuck around the screw then reverse it gently out.

Hit it with a hammer to make it flush and re drill the hole

Reply to broken screw in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
S
I tried to install a new toilet seat and I’m stuck in a process where I couldn’t loosen or tighten the screw. I also tried rotating the screw in...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock