Currently reading:
Boiler advice appreciated.

Discuss Boiler advice appreciated. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone. I have a powermax 150 boiler which I have had since I purchased the house. As far as I know, it is was placed when the house was built and is 18 years old. It is very large, noisy and 74% efficient. Every year it is serviced, I get the same advice to change it as parts are expensive , you will save £££etc etc. I have resisted this advice as I have always felt " if it aint broke, dont fix it". We are looking to move house in the next 6 months and I have started to get issues with the burner light now becoming intermittant. Hot water is still being made but the heating doesnt appear to be working. The fact this happening in august rather then winter is benefecial as it means I can plan things! The boiler(and tank inside) fit in the airing cupboard upstairs. The house is 4 bedroom detached with 2 bathrooms.

Obviously I dont want to spend too much money that I might not get benefots of but equally, I realise that a problematic boiler might affect the sale of the house.

Can someone advise how they would deal with this and possible costs involved?

Thanks

I often fit a combi in a big property but also fit a unvented cylinder for supplying the upper floors i can't see the point in wasting water to get hot water to the kitchen , cloakroom or utility when the boiler is sited there , i agree with harvest it's all in the planning just cut your connections in and valve off future work can then be done with the minimum of disruption. Cheers kop

Reply to Boiler advice appreciated. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back