Discuss Airlock/low pressure power shower problem. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

Our power shower has had very poor pressure for a long time, so I decided to bleed any air out of the system (which there was a lot). it works great to start with but gradudually the pressure falls and there is more air in the hot water system. I have done this about 6 times now, so I believe that air must be entering the system somehow.

The pump is an Techflow QT80.

I believe that the outside Right hand side pipe is the hot in which goes to the top of the tank/inside RHS pipe is the hot out.
The outside Left hand side pipe is the cold in/inside LHS pipe is cold out. (Images below).

If anyone can suggest anything to try, I'd ve very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

WholeSystem.JPG

PumpOnly.jpg

Reply to Airlock/low pressure power shower problem. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to swap my electric shower to a power shower. I have a 200 litre pressurised hot water tank in the loft (not a combi boiler) the hot side...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back