Currently reading:
Air in the system

Discuss Air in the system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

Hi

Having a bit of a nightmare getting a radiator hot. It is on a closed circuit , its the last one on the circuit and the routing to this radiator doesn't particulary help !

I am convinced that there is air stuck in the pipe.

Anybody got any good tips on how to release it ?? :confused:

Thanks

Len

Open valves fully on the problem rad and turn everything else off, boiler on full, pump on full and this normally clears air or blockage.

Hi,
Still no luck in getting the air out of the system, the rad valves are new is it possible the rad valve could be broken in the closed position?

Any more ideas???

thanks

Len

If it is not a combi check that there is water in the F & E tank in the loft ?? Check valve on ballcock has not stuck so that there is no water available to top up the system to replace the air you are trying to bleed. It happened to me.

If thats the case disconnect the radiator valves one at a time with a bucket under and turn on, be careful and only do one at a time and run to see if any air or sludge.

Easyt

OP said its on a closed system.

Eco

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
its the last one on the circuit and the routing to this radiator doesn't particulary help !
Len

If you've checked the valves & they are ok, I'd isolate the rad valves & see if its sludge been dumped in the last radiator. There are a lot of instances where open vented systems are converted to sealed systems without a system clean. Might be a bit late as I notice this thread is 2 weeks old :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in the system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock