Currently reading:
4 / 5 Bedroom Bungalow re-plumb

Discuss 4 / 5 Bedroom Bungalow re-plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mattcmf

Hi there.

Am just after a bit of advice and a VERY rough estimate for budget / costing.

Am just about to buy a 1930's bungalow which at the moment is 4 bed but I am going to go up into the loft to convert to 5 bed (loose one room downstairs for the stairs and put 2 new upstairs).

At the moment the bungalow is serviced via oil which feeds an ancient ray burn and an immersion heater on the tank.

Have a quote from the gas people to install mains at £560 which seems like the way to go for me.

Just wanted any thoughts on the cost of doing the following -

** I will be purchasing all sanitary ware / taps etc. seperately so do not factor in below.

- Complete re-plumb removing oil system and installing new gas combi boiler
- Approx 8 new radiators
- Installation of new en-suite and shower room (simple bathroom at the moment but adjacent is an outside toilet which I am going to knock into to create a walk in shower so presumably waste will not be an issue etc.)
- small en-suite in one of the bedrooms (shower, toilet and sink)
- plubming for new kitchen (just double sink / taps)
- water and waste to detatched garage (approx 5m from house) for washing machine to go in there.

I know its a bit of a how long is a piece of string but just wanted a rough idea of how much the labour and basic parts etc. should cost me.

Any thoughts or feedback at all would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Matt

How long is a peice of string no one can price this without at least seeing the job
If you give your area a member may be in your area to give you advice and a quote
Sorry can't help you but a job that size needs a site visit

yeah many thanks....I know its a shot in the dark....just want a rough idea really of what im looking at. Am in Cornwall.

Hi Matt,

Take a look at Bathrooms.com for your sanitaryware - if you see anything you like, give me a call freephone on our trade number 0800 65 22 724. I would be happy to put a quote together for you and see what we can do.

Thanks
Paul

Really you need to contact at least 2 local plumbing companies to give you a quote. If they are really local you should be able to get a couple who would be willing to visit the property before you buy and give you a rough estimate.

I think you could budget about £4k for the heating and about another £4k for the rest of the plumbing laour only. If could be more or less.

One bit of advice i would give you is do not assume you will save money or in anyway do better by supplying stuff yourself: reasons:
1. Plumbers often can buy the same stuff with massive discounts
2. Customers sometimes buy the very cheapst stuff which can be real rubbish experience plumber will be able to recommend better quality roducts within your budget

Best to work with your plumber on buying the stuff and making sure it is at the property when he is there to fit it.

I can also tell you that for a full bathroom or shower room refurb a typical budget should be between £6 to £10k ... lots more if you want all Fired Earth & John Lewis fittings...
and for the whole project as described you would need at least £50k

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there.

Am just after a bit of advice and a VERY rough estimate for budget / costing.

Am just about to buy a 1930's bungalow which at the moment is 4 bed but I am going to go up into the loft to convert to 5 bed (loose one room downstairs for the stairs and put 2 new upstairs).

At the moment the bungalow is serviced via oil which feeds an ancient ray burn and an immersion heater on the tank.

Have a quote from the gas people to install mains at £560 which seems like the way to go for me.

Just wanted any thoughts on the cost of doing the following -

** I will be purchasing all sanitary ware / taps etc. seperately so do not factor in below.

- Complete re-plumb removing oil system and installing new gas combi boiler
- Approx 8 new radiators
- Installation of new en-suite and shower room (simple bathroom at the moment but adjacent is an outside toilet which I am going to knock into to create a walk in shower so presumably waste will not be an issue etc.)
- small en-suite in one of the bedrooms (shower, toilet and sink)
- plubming for new kitchen (just double sink / taps)
- water and waste to detatched garage (approx 5m from house) for washing machine to go in there.

I know its a bit of a how long is a piece of string but just wanted a rough idea of how much the labour and basic parts etc. should cost me.

Any thoughts or feedback at all would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Matt

Cheap job rubbish boiler etc about 4K decent job top boiler and a re-pipe of the heating & plumbing Vaillant, Viessman, Atag etc quality fit out in copper etc perfect tiling no change from 8k could be more. Any less than 6 I'd be carefull that's including your tiling but not construction work and assuming drains are ok. Remember you want it done once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4 / 5 Bedroom Bungalow re-plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock