Currently reading:
Wiring open therm stat

Discuss Wiring open therm stat in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
When wiring in an open therm stat. Swapping a boiler and swapping the wired stat on the wall, Honeywell one. For an open therm one. I know you take two wires I believe from the supply to the boiler to the open therm connections in the boiler. Ideal instinct. Am I right in saying open therm is low voltage? I need to get the instructions for the stat and read up. Thanks for any insight.

The live neutral and earth coming to the boiler would be in the same cable as the stat wires. So I couldnt use this 2 wires to take a feed to the open therm connections? Putting wagos on the 2 stat wires and running heat resistant 2 core to the open therm?

I’m thinking the thermostat might start misbehaving.
Yeah I believe the 240V could cause an induced voltage in the Low Volt open therm, causing mixed signals etc. The sparkies I work with won't run anything low voltage, Cat 6/ alarm etc in same runs as socket/lighting cable as it can cause the same problems apparently.

Reply to Wiring open therm stat in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock